Friday, September 14, 2007

What Is PsychOptChat?

There are 3 factors to this name. I am a psychiatrist first. My career in this branch of medicine has been rewarding and at this point lengthy. 22 years of listening to and assisting people with mental health problems. My discovery while working and reading led me to the second part of my title. The majority of people with depression and anxiety are hard working, conscientious and performance oriented. These people are optimal performers, our finest citizens in fact. Chat is the final part of my title. My hope with this blog is to reach out to everyone interested in mental health and it's vicissitudes. Psychiatrist's, psychologists, other health care professionals, patients and people in general can let me know what they think. I have learned more in my career from the countless views offered, and my hope is this blog will expand this learning. My private practice is in Rancho Santa Fe if one needs to speak to me in person.

3 comments:

Goddess Gerrin said...

Ok, second try....
So,
expanding my mind and my learning is always worthwhile!
I'll be back,
ginette

Anonymous said...

Hey it is April would love to hear some more of your thoughts

scorpiocat said...

Hi my name is louise I live with my daughter who has bipolor for the last 5 yrs only since last January that things have gone better. Only one problem when she is feeling so great she turns to alcohol and drugs that bring her back to the same state she was in before seems as if she can't be happy. Any suggestions. thanks